An engagement is fun not just for the future bride and groom, but for their family and friends as well! Get in on all the wedding fun by brushing up on 2016 trends. The dress is usually the first thing brides get excited to shop for. You can find your classic styles in many designer lines, but this year the hemlines all got reworked for the runways. Bridal dress are going short in styles like cap to sheer, sleeveless, side cutout, feathers, floral, embellished and feminine. These short dresses make a serious style statement.
• Layers of lace. Because one type of lace is never enough, this spring designers are layering. Chantilly lace on top of embroidered tulle and Swiss dot lace
for texture and detail.
• Floral-print wedding dresses. While florals for spring may not be groundbreaking, they are very fashion forward. Whether done as intricate embroidery, like at Carolina Herrera, or painted onto fabric, like at Romona Keveza, bridal blooms are definitely trending.
• Feathers: Feathers are big this season with classic gowns flaunted in many styles, adding that whimsical to any bridal look.
• Suits: Wedding suits are making its way to the bridal world as designers rolled out classical tailored-style wedding suits. Hot looks include fitted blazers, tailored tuxedos and boho wide-leg pair of pants.
Whatever you taste or style the following businesses are ready to help make your wedding dreams a reality!
- 47 Main St., Orleans
Where color and design meet to create inspired works. This beautiful store is filled with the best in home and personal accessories, creatively designed jewelry and exquisite gifts. You’ll know what sets Blake & Co. apart as soon as you walk in the door. Looking forward to your visit…
- 223 Rte. 6A, Yarmouth Port
We value tradition, elegance, professionalism and beauty, and will plan all special functions with you. We can accommodate intimate gatherings of 12 to grand receptions of 150. With our custom built foot bridge connecting Kelly Chapel to Old Yarmouth Inn, many couples find the old fashioned charm of a by-gone era the perfect choice for their special day.
- 1379 Rte. 28A, Cataumet
Perfect Gifts for Giving and Getting. Beautiful collections from Simon Pearce, Mariposa, and DASH and ALBERT to grace the home. Products from Thymes, L’Occitane, and Archipelago to pamper the body. Now located at 1379 Rte. 28A in Cataumet across from The Daily Brew. We are Cape Cod’s source for luxurious gifts for any occasion.
- 37A Main St., Orleans
Vintage in Vogue, located in Orleans and Provincetown, is curated with fine vintage fashions spanning over 100 years. Find the perfect cotton summer dress to special occasion dresses and great clothing for theme parties. Vintage In Vogue’s Bridal Boutique, in our new Orleans location at 31 Main Street, offers vintage as well as new gowns up to size 24. We offer couture alterations, custom veils and fascinators, vintage and estate jewelry and an impressive selection of accessories. Expanded vintage menswear department in Provincetown.
Orleans Open Wednesday-Saturday 10-5
Provincetown reopening in April
- 877 Main St., Osterville
Vintage Flowers is a upscale flower shop located on Main Street in Osterville. We are renowned for our beautiful arrangements using interesting textures and classic elements in an un-classic way. We have many years of design experience both abroad and regionally. We are always researching new trends and the freshest product. We can help design anything from your intimate rehearsal dinner to your 400 person wedding.